For years, Mediafly has pushed the idea that all revenue teams, not just sellers, need cohesive enablement to plan and execute go-to-market strategies and drive more revenue. So we are thrilled to see that Gartner has adapted its Market Guide for Sales Enablement Platforms to encompass Revenue Enablement for revenue-generating roles including marketing, presales, sales, and customer success.
We believe Gartner’s new Market Guide for Revenue (formerly Sales) Enablement Platforms validates our investment in creating and investing in tools to help all customer-facing teams understand, predict, coach, and execute at the highest levels across the customer journey.
The latest Gartner Market Guide for Revenue Enablement Platforms offers a list of Representative Vendors supporting sales and revenue enablement programs.
What is Revenue Enablement?
Gartner defines revenue enablement platforms as solutions that “unite sales enablement functions and customer-facing revenue processes. They encompass revenue-generating roles including customer success, marketing, and presales. The platforms have capabilities for digital content, training, and coaching or, via open APIs, integrate with complementary vendor offerings. They integrate with sales force automation (SFA) or marketing automation platforms, feature buyer engagement analysis, and measure and build role skills improving commercial execution.”
According to Gartner, “Organizations that want to help to enable their revenue-generating employees should evaluate enablement platforms for digital content, training, and coaching. These three work together to form a holistic enablement platform.”
Content used by sellers, customer success, presales, and marketing to engage buyers, create trust, demonstrate value, strengthen customer relationships, and provide a single source of truth is managed and shared via the platform. Training and coaching capabilities often work alongside a learning management system (LMS) to develop information retention. Training courses, assessments, and sales coaching can help revenue-generating teams win more deals.
What does a revenue enablement platform include?
Gartner segments the revenue enablement market into eight capability categories:
1. Digital content management used to create, store, curate, and distribute materials to sellers and buyers. This category includes microsites for one-way content sharing to the buyer. Content includes specific role-based content for other roles such as presales, customer success, etc.
2. Training including functions for just-in-time/microlearning, quizzes, assessments, certifications, and reinforcement training for end-users. This category includes creating, storing or integrations with formal learning management system (LMS) training assets that can be used for onboarding and continuing education.
3. Coaching end users (sellers, managers, and other revenue-generating roles) on revenue-based activities. That includes peer-to-peer, manager-to-rep, and seller-to-manager coaching, sometimes powered by artificial intelligence (AI). Video coaching is the prominent form factor with high-perceived ROI value. This category also includes live call recording and machine analysis.
4. Analytics and engagement to analyze platform usage, and measure both revenue-generating functions and buyer/customer engagement within the stages of a process. Buyer engagement metrics include interaction analyses like content opened, content shared or interest level.
5. Integration and platform with open APIs to connect to other systems and to training-/coaching-/content-specific vendors, if all capabilities are not provided natively. Functionality may also include connections to sales engagement, revenue intelligence, and video conferencing tools.
6. Machine learning (ML) includes prescriptive recommendations about content for sellers to distribute, training to take, coaching to perform and/or actions to take based on seller or buyer consumption and engagement.
7. Conversation intelligence includes call recording, speech-to-text translation, topic modeling and analysis, insights for upskilling/reskilling and prescriptive recommendations.
8. Digital sales rooms (DSRs) are used by buyers/customers and commercial teams to collaborate during and post sale. DSRs may incorporate personalized persistent microsites for the life of the customer’s relationship with the organization, personalized portals, bidirectional content sharing, buyer engagement analytics and more.
Mediafly is thrilled to be recognized in the 2022 Gartner Market Guide for Revenue Enablement Platforms. Mediafly Revenue360 combines sales coaching, customer engagement, value selling, and revenue intelligence in one unified enablement platform for a holistic view of the customer journey. The platform includes four solutions deployed individually to address priority challenges or as an integrated suite to completely transform the selling and buying experience:
- Engagement360: Breakthrough to distracted buyers with personalized experiences driven by enterprise content management, curated microsites, video messaging, interactive presentations, and digital storytelling capabilities.
- Coach360: Onboard, train, and coach with prescriptive guidance using conversation intelligence, coaching, and learning management tools proven to ramp reps faster and improve quota attainment.
- Value360: Showcase personalized, quantifiable value to prospects and customers with ROI and TCO calculators, business value, and diagnostic assessments.
- Intelligence360: Automatically capture every activity and conversation, improve pipeline health and boost forecast accuracy with robust sales analytics and KPI tracking, predictive forecasting, conversation intelligence, and pipeline management.
Our Market Recommendations
When selecting a revenue enablement vendor, consider how the new technology will fit into your existing tech stack. Choosing a vendor that provides all three core capabilities (content, training, and coaching) — even if you are not ready to deploy all three at once — will help you improve adoption, reduce tech stack redundancies, increase sales productivity, and drive more value for your organization.
Curious if Revenue360 is right for you? Contact us for a personalized demo.
Source: Gartner, Market Guide for Revenue Enablement Platforms, Melissa Hilbert, Elizabeth Beard, August 2022.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Comments are closed.