Today’s B2B buyer is part of a growing internal committee that must answer critical questions throughout the purchase decision cycle journey – to get from a spark of an idea to committed purchase.
As the buyer’s journey progresses, the champion and decision-making team has to justify precious resources and budget to the effort and navigate a gauntlet of information, a plethora of content, and increasing risk aversion.
Buying ain’t easy. According to Gartner:
- 77% of B2B buyers state that their last purchase was very complex or difficult
- 94% of those B2B buyers surveyed experienced a cancelled purchase cycle, ending in “no decision”
- 84% of B2B buyers report that when a buying cycle does culminate in a “Yes” decision, it is taking longer than expected, for many up to two times longer.
And here-in lies the opportunity for the savvy solution provider – what can we do to make the decision-making process easier. Gartner terms this opportunity “Buyer Enablement” — the provisioning of information to customers in a way that enables them to complete critical buying jobs.
Buyer enablement means evolving from Seller to Concierge, helping the buyer to understand what is possible and make buying as easy as possible. This means, helping buyers with:
- Diagnostic assessment – “Help us identify challenges to address and the art of the possible”
- Prescriptive advice – “Help us know what to do and how to do it”
- Practical support – “Help us proactively navigate each specific step in buyer’s journey”.
Those sales enablement professionals, content marketers and value engineers who help their teams evolve to Buyer Enablement can win big. Gartner research found that customers who received valuable information from suppliers to help advance the journey were:
- 2.8x – more likely to experience a high degree of purchase ease,
- 3x – more likely to buy a bigger deal with less regret.
#Gartner #b2b #sales #Concierge #BuyerEnablement #SalesEnablement #Challenger #Salesperformance #salesoptimization #contentmarketing #contentmanagement #salesplaybook #BuyersJourney #salesoperations #interactivecontent #ROI #BusinessValue #Assessment #Salestool #sellingtools #salestech #salestechnology
Comments are closed.